Principles of Nursing II
Fundamentos de Enfermagem II
Fernanda Manuela Loureiro
Learning outcomes of the curricular unit:
- To know the guiding principles of nursing practice.
- To understand the nursing process and its importance in decision making.
- To know the taxonomies and classifications for nursing practice: documents of the nursing process.
- To understand the importance and differences of information systems in nursing (classic and current).
- To understand the meaning of Minimum Data Summary and the importance of generating quality indicators of nursing care.
- To recall the areas of the profession social mandate as defined in the descriptive statements of the quality standards of the Nurses' Order.
- To know the minimum set of standards for Information Systems in nursing.
- To understand the areas of the profession Social Mandate as defined in the Nursing Quality Standards.
- To carry out care plans based on a nursing classification in computer applications.
- To reflect on the comfort, quality of life and healthy lifestyles and their implication for health.
- To develop knowledge for systematized and prioritized action in situations of immobility.
- To perform different procedures and nursing techniques in the laboratory.
- To know nutritional needs throughout the life cycle.
- Guiding principles of nursing practice.
- Decision making and methodology of the nursing process.
- Information systems in nursing (International Classification for Nursing Practice, CIPE).
- Comfort and quality of life.
- Body, mind and movement.
- Lifelong food.
- Bulechek G, Butcher H, Dochterman J, Wagner C. (2013). Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC), 6th ed., Mosby.
- CIPE Versão 2015 - Classificação Internacional para a Prática de Enfermagem (CIPE/ICNP) (2015), Ed. Portuguesa APE, Lisboa.
- Doran D (2011) Nursing Outcomes: The State of the Science, Ontario: Jones & Bartlett Learning Canada.
- Duarte A (2007) Avaliação nutricional – Aspetos Clínicos e laboratoriais, 1st ed., Atheneu, São Paulo: Atheneu.
- Hoeman S (2011) Enfermagem de Reabilitação. Prevenção, Intervenção e Resultados. Esperados, 4th ed., Loures: Lusodidacta.