Paulo Sérgio Ferreira Gomes
Learning outcomes of the curricular unit:
Students should at the end of the course be able to subsume human behavior in legal types of crime, justifying through the verification / confirmation of the elements of the type of crime, the lack of grounds for exclusion of unlawfulness and guilt, and the application of any penalty or safety measures.
To inform the student:
- The concept of criminal law.
- The distinction between the branch of criminal law and other branches of law.
- Difference between criminal law and administrative offense.
- The characterization of Criminal Law.
- The basics concepts of juridical goods and type of crime.
- The typology of legal types of crime, with a focus on legal types of crime against individuals, property and society.
- The particulars of the application of criminal law in time and space.
- Interpretation method and integration of criminal law.
- The elements that fill the type of crime.
- The negligence and willful misconduct of concepts in criminal law.
- The grounds for exclusion of unlawfulness and guilt.
- The tempted crime.
- The criminal contribution.
- The end of penalties in criminal law.
- The legal branch of criminal law.
- Differences between the branch of the Criminal Law and the other branches of law.
- Characteristics of Criminal Law.
- Application of the Criminal Law in time and space.
- Interpretation and integration of the Criminal Law.
- Elements that fill the type of crime.
- Reasons for exclusions of unlawfulness and guilt in criminal law.
- Subsumption of human behaviors in legal types of crime.
- Purpose of the application of penalties.
- Analysis and resolution of practical cases.
- Beleza TP (1979-1985) Direito Penal - Parte Geral (Vols. 1-2), AAFDL
- Carvalho AT (2011) Direito Penal. Parte Geral. Questões fundamentais – Teoria geral do crime, 2nd ed., Coimbra Editora
- Dias JF (2012) Direito Penal. Parte Geral. Questões fundamentais da doutrina geral do crime, 2nd ed., Coimbra Editora
- Ferreira MC (2010) Lições de Direito Penal. Parte Geral 1 e 2, Almedina
- Silva GM (2011) Direito Penal Português, Teoria do Crime, Lisboa: Universidade Católica