Alexandre Luís De Matos Botica Cortes Quintas
Learning outcomes of the curricular unit:
The main purpose of the Biochemistry course is to provide to the students the fundamental knowledge of the structure and the function of the biological molecules and the metabolic flux of these molecules in the living beings. Due to the nature of this degree, an introduction to Xenobiochemistry it is part of the course.
In addition the practical nature of the Biochemistry course demands strong practical laboratorial skills. In the practical classes of this course the students develops strong laboratorial skills. Along with that it’s intended that the students developed critical scientific thinking reading scientific articles.
- Fundamentals of Biochemistry.
- Structure and function.
- Bioenergetics and metabolism.
- Introduction to genomics.
- Quintas A, Freire AP & Halpern MJ (2008) Bioquímica: Organização Molecular da Vida, LIDEL, Lisboa. ISBN: 9789727574315
- Nelson DL & Cox MM (2009) Lehninger, Principles of Biochemistry, 5th ed., Worth N.Y. ISBN: 9781429234146
- Jackson ARW & Jackson JM (2007) Forensic Science, 2nd ed., Prentice Hall. ISBN: 978-0-13-199880-3