Psicologia do Desenvolvimento
Teresa Alexandra Malveiro Andrade
Learning outcomes of the curricular unit:
- Identify all the stages of physical (motor and language), cognitive, social and emotional development of the child since birth and until the beginning of adolescence.
- Understand the approach of the different perspectives in child pedagogy during all the different stages, such as cognitivist, behaviorist and humanist.
- Specify the several aspects fundamental to the Human Development since conception with a focus on the characteristics of pre-natal development until birth.
- Understand all the factors concerned with all development transitions since birth and during all childhood, but also in adolescence and all life span.
- Evaluate and work using basic methodologies applied from the Developmental Psychology area.
- Stages of physical-motor and language, cognitive, social and emotional development of the child.
- The main perspectives in child pedagogy during all the different stages.
- Fundamental aspects to the Human Development since conception.
- Characteristics of pre-natal development until birth.
- Cole M & Cole S (2001) The Development of Children, Worth Publishers, New York
- Frances A & Ross R (1999) DSM-IV Casos Clínicos, Climepsi Ed., Lisbon
- Hoffman L, Paris S & Hall E (2000) Psicología del Desarrollo Hoy, 6th ed., Vol. 2, McGraw-Hill, Madrid
- Tavares J, Pereira AS, Gomes AA, Monteiro SM & Gomes A ( 2011) Manual de Psicologia do Desenvolvimento e Aprendizagem, Porto Ed.
- Ziegler F & Mitchell P (2012) Fundamentals of Developmental Psychology, Taylor and Francis Ltd