Ana Cristina Cardoso das Neves
Learning outcomes of the curricular unit:
At the end of the course the students should be able to:
- Identify the factors responsible for the emergence of bioethics as a science.
- Characterize the principles of bioethics and identify their limitations.
- Recognize the human rights involved in the relationship between the health professional and the user of health services.
- Demonstrate autonomy in ethical decision making, trying to defend the best interest of the patient.
- Enhance the ethical issues inherent in the relationship between the health professional and the user of health services and to evaluate the dilemmas posed by new scientific discoveries.
- Respecting the importance of ethical principles and code of ethics associated with their performance in different contexts (e.g. health, research and education).
- Demonstrate critical reflexivity within the Ethics.
- Contribute to the quality of services provided by health professionals.
- Some Concepts related with Bioethics.
- Ethics and Deontology in Health Sciences.
- Bioethics Definition.
- Factors responsible for the Bioethics Birth.
- Principles of the Biomedical Ethics.
- Ethics in Relation with the Patient.
- The Informed Consent.
- Ethics in the Scientific Research.
- Bioethics and some Specific Situations.
- The Ecological Dimension of Bioethics.
- The Ethics Committees in Health Settings.
- Case Study: Ethical Dilemmas in the Health Sciences.
- Almeida JMP & Melo JS (2002) Ética, espiritualidade e oncologia, In M.R. Dias & Durá (Org), Territórios da Psicologia Oncológica, (pp. 129-143), Lisboa: CLIMEPSI Ed. ISBN: 972-796-018-9.
- Archer J, Biscaia J, Oswaldo W (1996) Bioética, Lisboa: Verbo Ed. ISBN: 978972221719.
- Archer J, Biscaia J, Oswaldo W (2001) Novos Desafios da Bioética, Porto: Porto Ed. ISBN: 9789720060365.
- Cascais AF (2000) Introdução à Bioética, In M.R. Dias & A. Amorim (Eds.), Clínica Dentária Integrada: Contributos Bio-Psico-Sociais, (pp. 23 – 51), Caparica: Egas Moniz Publicações. ISBN: 9789729849503.
- Lourenço O (1992) Psicologia do Desenvolvimento Moral: Teoria, dados e implicações, Coimbra: Almedina. ISBN: 9724006719.