Conservative Dentistry I
Medicina Dentária Conservadora I
Ana Cristina da Natividade Tavares Mano Azul
Learning outcomes of the curricular unit:
- The student should acquire theoretical knowledge allowing sufficient clinical autonomy in Operative Dentistry and Endodontics at different levels: Prevention, diagnosis and therapeutical option.
- The student should obtain autonomy in his capacity to diagnose and to make the best treatment choice.
- The student should be able to select and apply the adequate complementary diagnosis exams.
- The student should be able to manipulate all the equipments necessary to the patient treatment.
- The student should be able to select the instruments necessary for all treatments in Conservative Dentistry.
- The student should know the phyisico-chemical properties and manipulation instructions of all materials to be used.
- Diagnosis in Conservative Dentistry.
- Treatment planning in Conservative Dentistry.
- Patient treatment in typical clinical situations: amalgam restorations, direct resin composite restorations.
- Clinical concepts of adhesion to dental structure.
- Operative dentistry and the pulp-dentin organ.
- Restorations in anterior and posterior teeth.
- Indirect restorations in composite resin.
Treatment plans, provisional, amalgam restorationsdirect and indirect resin composite restorations, placement of intraradicular posts. Pre-endodontic restorations, provisional restorations, endodontic treatment of monoradicular teeth (including upper 1st premolars).
- Fejerskov O, Nyvad B, Kidd E (Eds.) (2015) Dental caries - The disease and its clinical management. 3rd ed., Oxford: Wiley-Blackwell. ISBN: 978-1-118-93582-8.
- Hargreaves KM & Berman L (Eds.) (2016) Cohen´s pathways of the pulp – Expert consult. 11th ed., Elsevier. ISBN: 978-0-323-09635-5.
- Hilton TJ, Ferracane JL, Broome JC (Eds.) (2013) Summitt’s fundamentals of operative dentistry: A contemporary approach. 4th ed., Hanover Park: Quintessence. ISBN: 978-0-86715-528-0.
- Hirata R (2017) Shortcuts in Esthetic Dentistry. Quintessence Publishing. ISBN: 978-85-7889-111-4.
- Torabinejad M, Fouad A, Walton RE (2014) Endodontics: Principles and practice. 5th ed., Elsevier. ISBN: 978-1-4557-5410-6.